Vitamix 5200 Blender Review
The vitamix 5200 was introduced to me by a friend of a friend. She told me her husband had just bought this great blender for their entire kitchen needs and ‘oh god’ it was ‘so much’ better than my Blendtec Total Blender…
This blender was quite new to me so I didnt have much info about it at the time she told me about it. I had only used one other Vitamix blender in my entire life and it was the Vitamix CIA Professional one. It was a good blender but nothing to write to my mother.
So I ordered my Vitamix 5200 on December the 1st. Received my package only 3 days later which I consider REALLY fast in my case.
At first I thought this blender looked like it was made 30 years ago. Old school design! Big buttons , sharp corners. There is no way I would prefer this one over my Blendtec. The Vitamix 5200 is simply an ugly piece of engineering. But you know what? The retro style is coming back our way so you might just go with the performance, screw the style. It’s a blender after all. But if you have visit coming over, hide it.
Now, since it is considered of high quality if we look at the price and how powerful it is, I began with the test of tests. ICE. Tons of ice. Start the engine. 45 secondes later all I could see was snow. This is how strong this blender is.
This blender is also now sold with a bigger jar and some extras right here and is called the Vitamix 5200c. 48oz !
You will get a “whole food” recipe book which I found interesting and you also get a 50$ bonus gift when buying right from Amazon. ( best price I found so far and free shipping! )
Vitamix 52000 Blender Features and Specifications
- Jar capacity: 64o ounces container and the new 48 ounces ,all BPA free. Designed to create a powerful vortex, forcing ingredients up and down
- Jar material: Tritan™. Tritan is a copolyester, which is as strong and durable as polycarbonate, yet was formulated without BPA.
- Color: Many colors available
- Powerful 2 peak output horsepower motor propels blades up to 240 mph.
- 120 volt, 60 hz, 11.5 amps
- 7 Year warranty ( wow! )
- Possibility for a 3 year extension o your warranty
- New soft-touch switches and dial
- Unique stainless steel hammermill and cutting “wet” blades process whole foods for, frozen desserts, smoothie, soups and more!
- Accessories: 1-ounce measuring cup
- Variable Speed Control: You can control the speed. Has high speed to allow for maximum processing, especially for larger recipes.
- Possible 50$ gift when buying from Amazon
- Quick and easy clean-up. Just add a few drops of dish soap, some warm water and run for 30 seconds on high. Done!
I can easily compare this Vitamix 5200 to the Blendtec Total Blender for speed and efficiency. All smoothies I tried were , guess what, very smooth! :P I tried many other types of recipes you would expect to make in a kitchen once in a while and everything went as expected.. I guess it is what you would expect from a blender this price. I give it a 8.78/10. The whole package makes it worth the price. Happy blending!
I have found the best price for Vitamix 5200 Blender at Amazon - click here to check it out!
Incoming search terms:
- blender reviews ninja vitamix 5200